The AAATE Conference is organised and promoted by the Association for the Advancement of Assistive Technology in Europe, the European umbrella organisation for stakeholders in Assistive Technology in Europe.
The Conference gathers researchers and practitioners from academia, service providers and industry to discuss the latest innovations and visionary ideas in the field of assistive technology (AT). We invite contributions on all aspects related to technology and disability down the value chain: Research, Design & Development, Production & Distribution, Service Delivery, Education & Training and Use & Impact.
Broad conference themes include but are not limited to:
- AT for cognitive, sensory and motor disabilities
- Emerging and innovative AT devices
- AT, smart environments and IoT
- Mobility and seating solutions
- Ageing and technology
- AT service delivery systems, practices, quality and outcomes
- AT and social assistive robotics
- AT, digital health and innovation in care
- AT in low- and middle-income countries
- AT and education
- Policy related to AT and services
The hosting organisations of the 2019 edition are:
AIAS Bologna onlus, one of Europe’s major independent AT service provider.
University of Bologna